Primarily responsible for developing, implementing and managing Global Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHSS) programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and practices.
The position is covering part time EHS role at Haasrode Technology Center of Excellence and part time EHS role to support the Field Services activities at customer sites.
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance in order to achieve EHS excellence & keep internal and external EHS Management systems certifications in place.
- Implement local EHS programs to ensure compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and with SUEZ and Business Policies.
- Organizes and coordinates risk-assessments for machines and installations, investigations of incidents and accidents, and advises in complex root cause investigations in order to be able to improve safety and reduce risks.
- Organize and oordinate employee EHS training.
- Track goals achievement through collection, analysis and communication of EHS goals and measurements
- Participate in EHS compliance and/or management system audits and providing guidance to field EHS personnel on conformance and best management practices.
- Knowledgeable of local EHS regulations affecting business operations and communicates specific regulatory requirements as they apply to the work setting.
Specific to Haasrode Technology Center:
- Responsible for the emergency response program for the Haasrode Technology centre to have procedures and intervention equipment and to act in case of an incident.
Specific to Field Services activities:
- Realize EHS Field audits at customer sites, ensure or support prompt closure of findings. Travelling less than 20% work time in Belgium and Netherlands.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Support senior leadership and operations
- Oversee of the work of EHS consultants for specific EHS projects (eg. Audits, Training, Site Assessment.)
- Coordinate the safety of SUEZ employees who works in SUEZ buildings.