As Project and Events Officer, you will be responsible for the initiation, the preparation and the administrative follow-up of externally funded projects. These include European projects (H2020, Jean Monnet, …) and projects in the framework of national or regional research tenders (FWO, INNOVIRIS, BELSPO, …).
The Project Officer will also contribute to the organisation of project-related events, e.g. in the framework of the KF-VUB Korea Chair or the EUROSIM simulation games.
You will be joining a team of two other project officers who work on the administrative follow-up of projects at the IES. Furthermore, you will also be involved in the logistic preparations for several other IES events together with the Events Officer.
The Project and Events Officer will furthermore cooperate with several members of the IES secretariat (Executive Director / Assistant Executive Director, Academic Director, Finance Officer, Events Officer …) and with other VUB departments (R&D, ELO, FIN, faculties ES and RC, …).
- Help in the administrative preparation and follow-up of project proposals that are prepared by IES academics; Preparation of reporting document for the initiating / funding partner (e.g. reporting to the European Commission, the FWO, …); Keep an up-to-date overview of all IES projects (FileMaker database, IES website, project folders, etc.), anticipating project reporting, prolongations of contract or contract terminations;
- Collect and prepare data and statistics for use in the IES Annual Report, the programme audits or the strategy plans;
- Help in the organisation of tasks / events deriving from the projects (e.g. the organisation of project management meetings, the organisation of workshops inherent to the projects, …);
- Assistance in oversight of budgets and HR-allocations on projects;
- Oversight of timesheets as allocated to projects;
- Other tasks relating to projects, as defined by IES Management.