The implementation of capital goods projects is taken care of jointly by a pair of project leaders, for all the technical aspects (coordination of study activities, dimensioning, management of the interfaces, monitoring suppliers, coordination with internal and external specialists, etc.) on the one hand (project engineer), and for all the commercial, budgetary, scheduling aspects etc. on the other hand (project manager).
The Project Engineer fulfils the following role:
• Conducting the technical aspects of projects from obtaining the contract to the end of its implementation, seeking the best combination between:
- optimisation of the financial and technical results specified in the contract;
- customer satisfaction;
- the budgetary and financial compliance of the project, including the management of both technical and commercial risks;
- the development of the technical skills of the project team.
• The coordination and planning of operations entrusted to each operator, guaranteeing especially:
- compliance with the specifications entrusted to each operator;
- compliance with the constraints and specifications made by the customer;
- compliance with procedures (ISO 9000, ISO 14000, VCA, etc.).
• Developing and following up on the technical documentation relating to the project
• The promotion of the CMI Group to every potential order giver, and the promotion of your projects with employees, customers and internal suppliers;
• A role of keeping watch on ‘products / markets’ for any development likely to bring added value to the Group (field feed-back circuit, customers, etc.)