Erpe-Mere - Our client is a global manufacturer and supplier of highly specialized and engineered industrial equipment that provides solutions for a range of industries. The company operates in over 35 countries, supplies over 150 countries worldwide and has a yearly turnover of around 5 billion USD. The worldwide company focuses on a number of operating initiatives, including innovation and new product development, continuous improvement driven by lean methodologies, supply chain management, expansion in emerging markets, information technology infrastructure improvement, and organizational and talent development. To optimize their production capacity and as a consequence the client satisfaction, the production site near Aalst is looking for a (m/v/x)
Description de la fonction
You are responsible for the day-to-day management of the production department, where customer orders, production planning, stock & warehouse management, manufacturing and assembly are handled.
• You ensure smooth production ordering, planning and execution in line with customer specifications and the agreed timelines. You prioritize customers' expectations and monitor the clients' satisfaction
• You manage a group of 20 people, of whom 6 are your direct reports (Quality Control, 2 Planners, Technical Supervisor, Responsible Outgoing Goods, Responsible Reception of Goods). The Technical Supervisor manages the assembly team (blue collars).
• You handle requisitions and schedule internal orders for the mechanical department.
• Together with the stock and spare parts manager, you ensure that incoming goods are identified and checked upon receipt, and placed at the planned location.
• You ensure that the available capacity is optimally used for all the above activities.
• You guarantee the quality of the delivered products. When identifying deviations, a root cause analysis is performed and corrective measures are introduced.
• You manage the production data in the ERP system (soon to be SAP), including warehouse locations and routings for production activities or internal mechanical operations.
• You work according to the systems, procedures and instructions stated in the Quality Management System and you make sure that they are carried out throughout the department.
• You continuously focus on optimizing the production flow by looking for opportunities in making the production process more lean and efficient.
• You report to the Production & Quality Manager of the site at Erpe-Mere.
• You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a comparable level of thinking. Ideally in a technical field.
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a (industrial) production environment.
• You are a true people manager, with at least 5 years of proven success in managing people. As a supervisor, you use your strong communication and influencing skills to build positive internal networks and to get people aligned.
• You highly value working with ERP systems that link data of all departments.
• You are an independent, hands-on production expert to whom client satisfaction is key. You show initiative, dynamism, self-reliance and you fit best in a rapidly changing environment.
• You have strong analytical skills and you are focused on making processes as lean as possible.
• A true global company and an internationally trusted multi-industry expert.
• A highly technological environment where focus on innovation and lean manufacturing/management is key.
• A competitive salary package with fringe benefits such as an insurance package and bonus plan