You are the product designer in the lifecycle team for the application segments Urban & Deco AND Tunnel systems.
Your challenge is defined towards the continuously upgrading of the existing product portfolio with new functionalities and better performances (cost and technical specifications).
Content of the mission :
Upgrade and improve our product designs for Urban and Decorative lighting solutions, and for Tunnel system applications
- You will take all initiatives for continous product improvements, in all elements for product upgrades ;
- You translate the product upgrades in product design changes in the electro-mechanical areas, taking ownership on mechanical design changes in close contact to the suppliers, as well for the integration of new functionalities (like, blue tooth option, new connector devices) ;
- Mechanical design modifications will be done in SOLID WORKS and archived in Product lifecycle mgt system
- For all kind of design modifications and product upgrades, you are following the tool changes at the suppliers, with the support of the Purchasing Project leader ;
- Analytical mindset and pro-active approach towards risk assessments and robust designs (Six Sigma approach) and value engineering are key assets ;
- Before product releases to go to market, you are verifying with the support of our validation laboratory the results of several validation tests according to the lighting standards (IEC, ENEC, ENEC +) ;
- Committing and inspiring towards project timeline and cost target settings ;
- Problem solving attitude in case of component deviations ;
- Technical interactions with different suppliers in the Aluminium die casting and plastic injection technology ;
- Component documentation: 3D and 2D drawings in Solid Works, critical dimensions for quality controls, tolerance calculations to prove robustness, component approvals towards suppliers.
- Interaction with external technology suppliers and design agencies, lighting architects ;
- Acting in multi-disciplenary, multi-site project team: Lifecycle project leader leads the team through the lifecycle roadmap ;
- Interaction with our factories (international) ;
- One team, one goal.