As an employee of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel your days will be spent in a dynamic, diverse and multilingual environment. Both our campuses are set within green oases on the outskirts of the center of the capital of Flanders, Belgium and Europe. This center, with all its opportunities, is within your reach by public transport in less than half an hour.
Depending on your experience and academic merits you will receive a salary on one of the pay scales laid down by the government. Hospitalization cover and free use of public transport for travel to and from work are standard conditions of employment. If you would rather cycle to work, compensation is also available for that. Both campuses have extensive sporting facilities which are at your disposal and a nursery is within walking distance.
More information is available at www.vub.ac.be under the heading ‘future employees’.
- Planned starting date: 01/02/2018
- Length of contract: Up to and including 31/01/2020 (2 calendar year); 2 x extendable by positive evaluation
- Deadline for application: 20/12/2017
Applications can only be submitted online (via the website of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- Comprehensive details of academic portfolio
- Teaching and research perception, mentioning the candidate’s five most important publications (for post-doctoral positions)
- A concise statement of the reason for applying including explanation about the development of future research