This position, part of the Finance department - Risk and Internal Control is responsible for monitoring the energy market risks inherent to the commodity portfolio managed by the Optimization department, and for reporting on compliance with the Risk Mandate and Risk Policy as approved by the Board of Directors. Through advanced analytics, quantitative and qualitative metrics the energy market risks are quantified and transparently communicated to the Risk Committee and decision makers.
In addition to this monitoring role the Market Risk Analyst advises the Risk Committee on the risks inherent to the commodity portfolio, analyses the risk-reward balance of specific strategies and recommends cost efficient risk mitigating solutions for new strategies and products.Liste de tâches
- Evaluate market risks inherent to the commodity portfolio of EDF Luminus and compliance monitoring with the Risk Mandate of EDF Luminus and the Corporate Energy Market Risk Policy of the EDF Group.
- Develop and implement market risk reporting, metrics and limits in line with policies, mandate and hedging strategies by:
- monitoring the positions on portfolio level and per hedging strategy;
- informing and advising portfolio optimizers and senior management of any significant deviation;
- providing detailed analyses of the hedging performance per asset type;
- reporting on key market evolutions and trends.
- Perform the annual Risk Mandate review and update
- coordinating the planning and responsibilities of all the key stakeholders;
- challenging the business proposals;
- performing required quantitative analysis for review and validation of the strategies;
- developing an adequate and transparent monitoring framework for the implemented hedging strategies.
- Strengthen the articulation between energy market risk management and the uncertainties impacting the financial trajectory by:
- developing recurrent reporting and detailed analysis about the impact of market risks on EDF Luminus’ financial result in comparison with budget (forward and actuals);
- ensuring coherence between common assumptions used by Risk and Controlling during the elaboration and the monitoring of budget and Risk Mandate;
- contribute to ad hoc analyses of optimization activities with Controlling.
- Act as a single point of contact for the development, implementation and maintenance of EDF Luminus’ risk management systems and IT tools to ensure a consistent and complete risk reporting of hedging activities (such as adaptations to the daily risk dashboard, the book structure, the modeling of specific commodities or assets).
- Participate in EDF Group expert workshops in order to exchange best practices, to contribute in defining new guidelines for portfolio optimization within the EDF Group and to identify/implement synergies within the Group.
- Serve as ‘subject matter expert’, providing internal consultancy and training on the impact of risk management in the different businesses.
- Ad hoc projects in the area of risk management.