Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Since 1843, our goal has been simple: provide tools and solutions that make life easier.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundarylessness. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. And it means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day. It means embedding an environmental, social, and economic mentality into everything that we do; what we call ECOSMART™.
It also means joining a team that has been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Junior Support Finance Department
Description de la fonction
Purpose of the position
The Junior Support will provide overall administrative support to the Tax (Finance) Department.Main Responsibilities
- Preparing annual budget for European tax group
- Review of actuals costs versus budget on monthly basis
- Tracking and amending forecast together with finance function
- Liaise with controllers on forecast adjustments
Coordination & support relating to tax fees recorded
- Point of contact
- Review and approval of invoices vs engagements, pre-approvals, etc.
- Handle payment process for invoices and payment requests, in close cooperation with the team: communication with external vendors, creation of vendor cards and Purchase Orders, follow-up and processing of invoices, etc.
- Follow up on year-end provisions
Data support management
- Preparation and layout of documents, reports and (PowerPoint) presentations;
- Maintain overviews / (tax) reports with financial data / legal changes
- Retrieving financial information from different (financial) systems
- Organizes and stores paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- Coordinates with the legal department on preparing corporate organization charts, legalization of documents as well as circulating corporate documents for signature;
- Performs other duties as assigned (e.g. Assist in corporate tax compliance matters and tax audits)
- Training “on the job” of bookkeeping/tax matters in the broadest sense
- Bachelor degree in Business Management / Finance / Accountancy / Administrative Assistant or A2 degree with a few years’ experience in an international and fast paced environment.
- Starters’ position or limited working experience required
- Experience with MS office, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel (affinity with databases)
- Basic bookkeeping understanding, financial insight
- Problem Resolution skills
- Hands on, result driven – a “do-er”
- Highly organized, committed/strong work ethic
- Stress resistant, positive attitude and team worker
- Ability to prioritize with respect for deadlines
- Fluent in English and Dutch and basic knowledge of French, other languages are an asset
Why join us?
- You will become part of a diverse team of engaged employees with a passion for excellence in pursuing great opportunities for themselves and our businesses, all around the globe.
- You will discover a world of opportunities. Our growth strategy means our portfolio is ever changing and you have an opportunity to change too by moving to different business platforms, across country, region and even the world.