The IT Director Enterprise Architecture is responsible for the overall standards and direction of all IT enterprise architecture domains including business, application, data, technology, and operations, ensuring it supports the business's needs and performance goals.
The IT Director Enterprise Architecture is expected to enforce technology and governance strategies, policies and standards, and enterprise architecture planning processes in the solution development activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT systems.The IT Director Enterprise Architecture is expected to ensure that the overall technology architecture is maintained in an integrated and consistent manner and that architectural considerations include security and quality.Liste de tâches
The IT Director Enterprise Architecture:
- Co-ordinates the development of architectural frameworks and leads the population of these frameworks with coherent and consistent architectural views. The Director is responsible for establishing the scope of the enterprise, setting down the architectural principles and vision, and for ensuring the rigour and integrity of the enterprise architecture, together with associated deliverables.
- Ensures that the populated architecture framework is appropriate in the context of the company’s business environment.
- Leads indirectly a team of architects, located in the different IT delivery capability domains, within business, application/systems, data/information and technical architecture disciplines and must be able to explain clearly the benefits of an architectural approach.
- Develops and enforces technology and governance strategies, policies and standards, and enterprise architecture planning processes in the solution development activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manages projects involving 3-5 team members in areas such as:
- Defining an IT strategic roadmap
- Designing and managing enterprise architecture transformation programs
- Reengineering of IT processes
- Building business cases to support investment decisions
- Defining and leading organizational change within the IT organization
- Watches new technologies and identifies potential business applications
- Performs technology assessments for new technology
- Prepares and manages the Enterprise Architecture budget
- Ensures all people management aspects of the Enterprise Architecture team (and indirectly leads (content wise) the IT Solution Architects resident in the delivery capability domains (IT SAP Domain, IT DevOps, IT Collaboration, IT Packages, IT Integration & Service Management)