Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for iGCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
Enseignant en mathèmatique et informatique
Description de la fonction
We are seeking to employ a suitably qualified and exceptional classroom practitioner who has experience of teaching Mathematics and Computer Science to Secondary students and who can bring a real passion, enthusiasm and experience to the Faculty and to the school as a whole. The successful applicant will:
- set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and of all abilities;
- work closely with department colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaborative spirit within the department and co-operate with colleagues in other departments and the Primary School;
- be attuned to current developments in teaching;
- be appreciative of students’ differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- be actively involved in professional learning within the department, and across departments where opportunities arise, including after-school meetings, relevant courses and professional learning days;
- demonstrate the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, be able utilise Assessment for Learning and e-learning approaches;
- be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social and personal development of students and to the extra-curricular life of the school; and
- be willing to take an active part in school trips, both residential and day visits;
Your Profile:The department is looking for a well-qualified and experienced Mathematics and/or Computer Science graduate with the potential to teach across the Faculty. The successful candidate will have previous experience teaching across the Secondary School age range (11-18), ideally in the A-Level or IB system internationally and/or in the UK. We expect applicants to have a suitable degree and teaching qualification.
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of others
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
Application process: The deadline for applications is Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 16.00 (CET).
- A full-time, permanent contract with full obligation to attend all staff meetings and Professional Learning sessions
- An interesting position in a thriving faculty in an international environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- An attractive salary – (BSB Learning & Teaching staff – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 49.092 and a maximum of € 89.103 gross per year for a full time position, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including an hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers and free use of the BSB sport facilities and gym.
Please note that only applications sent in via the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.Interviews will be held at the school or via Skype towards the end of March and this process will include a sample lesson and opportunities to meet potential colleagues and students.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)