1 de 12Suivant
Within the ITM research group Tropical Infectious Diseases (TID), we seek to strengthen our research portfolio and wish to appoint a Professor to develop a comprehensive, competitive and innovative research agenda in at least one, preferable several, of our priority themes, such as malaria, TB, AMR, arboviruses, and vaccine-preventable infections. We expect that the successful candidate will strengthen the existing research lines, developing strong links to training and methodological capacity building in this field, and nurture a productive synergy with the colleagues in the TID group. A demonstrable track record in publications, grant success and proven excellent methodological skills in quantitative epidemiological methods are expected from the candidate. The candidate will also be expected to collaborate with other departments to share skills and develop interdisciplinary projects.
Professor of Common Tropical Infectious Diseases
Description de la fonction
- Your primary assignment is to develop and perform innovative research to reduce the impact of tropical infectious diseases in low and middle-income countries in line with the departmental and institutional strategy. Your research will focus on the epidemiology of these diseases; including the innovative development and evaluation of public health interventions and risk assessment in a multidisciplinary context.
- You will collaborate closely with other senior researchers in the TID group in implementing a strategy in line with the Departmental and Institutional policy plans. You will coordinate development and implementation of strategy within the research group if indicated.
- You will proactively develop and support collaborations within the group, with other research groups in the Department and in the Institute (Dept of Clinical Sciences and Biomedical Sciences), as well as externally. You will actively collaborate in, and further develop, national and international networks in which ITM participates.
- You will take up teaching responsibilities and will contribute to developing new course modules.
- You will progressively build a team with junior researchers working in your field. You will attract and train PhD students within the field of TID.
- You will acquire substantial external funding for the implementation of your research projects
- You will provide expert advice to national and international and progressively develop a strong international reputation and visibility with organisations and stakeholders in the field
- You have a background in medicine, epidemiology or public health, and a PhD in a relevant research domain.
- You have a proven track record and excellent skills in biostatistics, epidemiological study design and data analysis. You are able to give methodological support to colleagues in the Department with regard to these matters.
- You have several years of personal experience working in low-and middle income settings in the domain of scientific/academic capacity building.
- You have a proven record of high-quality public health research on tropical infectious diseases in low and middle income countries and have published extensively on this topic, with an identifiable niche in line with the requirements of the post.
- You have a strong academic track record, including successful grant writing, PhD training, leadership and communication, team management and international partnerships.
- You have a track record in successful research collaboration with other disciplines.
- You have a demonstrable active knowledge of English and preferably French. You know Dutch or are willing to learn it. Knowledge of other languages, in particular Spanish, is an asset.
- A fulltime tenure appointment in the initial rank of assistant, associate or (full) professor, depending on your qualifications.
- Core support in terms of research staff, facilities and international collaboration.
- A salary according to the scale of the ITM and the Flemish Universities.
- Additional benefits including extra-legal pension plan, public transport or bike compensation, meal vouchers.
For more information contact prof. Marianne van der Sande, Head Department of Public Health; firstname.lastname@example.org or prof. Marleen Boelaert, Head Tropical Infectious Diseases Research Group; email@example.com.
Application with motivation letter and application form should be received by e-mail (only to firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7 January 2020. Please use the application form available as a download on www.itg.be/vacatures.
Cette adresse est introuvable.
Aucun itinéraire n'a pu être trouvé entre les deux adresses.
D'autres ont aussi consulté
Le job a été sauvegardé
Vous pouvez retrouver vos jobs sauvegardés sur la page d'accueil ou dans Mon Jobat.
Pour pouvoir les consulter également sur d'autres appareils, connectez-vous.
Encore 15 jours pour postuler
- Type de fonction : Labo
- Secteur : Soins de santé et service à la collectivité
- Anvers (lieu de travail)
- Toutes les offres d'emploi chez ITG
- Master (Licence, Université ou Enseignement Supérieur de Type Long)
- Au moins 2 ans d'expérience
- Néerlandais, Anglais, Français, Espagnol
- Durée indéterminée
- Temps plein