The European Development Finance Institutions Management Company (EDFI MC) is hiring an Accountant/Bookkeeper.
EDFI Management Company:
EDFI Management Company is an investment management company with currently approximately € 250 million under management. EDFI Management Company manages both ElectriFI and AgriFI facilities out of its offices in Brussels. Other (guarantee) facilities will be added to EDFIMC.
EDFIMC has been set up by EDFI asbl to manage investments and to promote financial cooperation between European DFI"s and the EU. The EU is the prime funder of ElectriFI (over EUR 200mln) and AgriFI (almost EUR 40mln). EDFIMC offered financing is always complementary to what the DFIs and other funders can offer, using the flexibility of the EC funding, which can translate in early stage clients, high risk products, junior structures, development equity, etc.
At this moment, EDFI MC has a team of nineteen people, working on Energy and Agriculture, supported by a few company broad functions for Finance/Risk E&S, Legal, etc. Several positions will be added to the current team. The explanation below is for only one of these positions.
Description de la fonction
EDFIMC is looking for an experienced Accountant/Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Main responsibilities & tasks:
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices, follow-up of incoming invoices (internal authorization process), credit notes, payment conditions, etc.
- Monitor office expenses
- Initiate payment vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Assist with the preparation of the operating budgets of the facilities under management
- Monthly follow-up of the operating budgets of the facilities
- Develop quarterly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets, deposit the annual accounts
- Report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Assist the social secretariat with the monthly payroll
- Prepare necessary tax returns, along with payroll (together with the social secretariat), operating and business taxes (monthly VAT returns)
The ideal profile for the Accountant/Bookkeeper vacancy:
- a Bachelor or equivalent degree or certification in Accountancy/Taxation
- At least 5 years of successful experience in accounting
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience in the Financial Sector would be a plus
- Meticulous, precise detail oriented and good with numbers
- Strong with MS Office: Excel
- Team player, and efficient problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication skills in English and service minded
- Reporting Skills
- Fluency in English plus Dutch or French (for reporting purposes in Belgium)
- Experience with ExpertM and knowledge of (Belgian) VAT rules would be an asset
- Interested in emerging and developing markets
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid work permit for Belgium
- A Permanent Belgian employment contract
- Compensation in line with bilateral development banks
- A job located full time in Brussels
+32 473 715114
D'autres ont aussi consulté
Le job a été sauvegardé
Vous pouvez retrouver vos jobs sauvegardés sur la page d'accueil ou dans Mon Jobat.
Pour pouvoir les consulter également sur d'autres appareils, connectez-vous.
Encore 1 jour pour postuler
- Type de fonction : Comptabilité
- Secteur : Finance et assurance
- Flandre occidentale
- Flandre orientale
- Brabant flamand
- Brabant wallon
- Toutes les offres d'emploi via Profile Group
- Bachelor à orientation professionnelle (Enseignement Supérieur de Type Court)
- Au moins 2 ans d'expérience
- Néerlandais, Anglais, Français
- Durée indéterminée
- Temps plein