Why are Customer Service Representatives important at Cigna?
Our Customer Service Representatives are in direct contact with our customers and clients. They are the first ones to give them information, answer their questions and build relationships. The CSRs help our customers through e-mail or phone by clarifying, for example, policy content, hospital admission procedures, the reimbursement of submitted claims. They aim to find the best solutions to their problems and help them in urgent situations. What would a typical day look like?
As a Customer Service Representative, you are part of a team of young and international colleagues and every day you come across a wide variety of situations. On a typical day you can:
- start by checking your e-mails and answer the most pressing questions of your key accounts
- hold a conference call with clients together with account managers
- attend a team meeting
- keep your customer records up-to-date
- do an hour of yoga or jogging with the colleagues at noon
- answer incoming calls in English or French or call a customer to inform him on the status of his files
- send all necessary documents to a hospital in Geneva for a plan member's admission within the best possible terms
- rewrite your priority checklist to make sure the deadlines of this week are met