Why is a Provider Service Representative at Cigna important?
The position of Provider Service Rep exists within the Provider Relations Team based in Antwerp. For us providers are hospitals, clinics, doctors, all those who provide medical care to our customers.
In this position you to create, negotiate and discuss standard agreements with these providers and provide administrative support to the Network Managers. What would a typical day look like?
- You start by checking your e-mails and answer the most pressing questions of your key providers
- hold a conference call with a Medical network Manager, the Clinical team and Operations about a provider
- attend a team meeting
- You do some administration
- you solve problems in regard to agreements;
- you help updating the agreements;
- you prepare business trips (make appointments, prepare figures, compile information packs, etc.) and follow up afterwards.
- do an hour of yoga or jogging with the colleagues at noon
- You make overviews of provider networks and analyses of price lists in close consultation with the Medical Network Managers
- You update the provider data-base
- rewrite your priority checklist to make sure the deadlines of this week are met