Why are Customer Service Representatives important at Cigna?
Our Customer Service Representatives are in direct contact with our customers and clients. They are the first ones to give them information, answer their questions and build relationships. The CSRs help our customers through e-mail or phone by clarifying, for example, the benefits applicable after a work-related accident. The CSR for this position specialises in successful management of non-medical files (life insurance, accident, disability, temporary working incapacity, travel and long-term care). What would a typical day look like?
As a Customer Service Representative non-medical, you are part of a team of ten people and every day you come across a wide variety of situations. On a typical day you can:
- start by checking your e-mails and answer the most pressing questions of your key accounts
- hold a conference call with clients together with account managers
- attend a team meeting
- keep your customer records up-to-date
- do an hour of yoga or jogging with the colleagues at noon
- answer incoming calls in English or German or call a customer to inform him on the status of his files
- calculate a non – medical claim
- rewrite your priority checklist to make sure the deadlines of this week are met