The Accelerator Design and Test (ADT) Unit is responsible for the design, construction and commissioning of the 100 MeV superconducting linac, in close collaboration with several national and international research institutes and industrial partners.
The ADT Unit is currently prototyping (installing and progressively commissioning) the injector part of the linac up to 5.9 MeV at the SCK•CEN vault temporarily installed at the Cyclotron Resource Centre (CRC/UCL) in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
The selected candidate will be located at SCK•CEN in Mol and will be dedicated to the linac beyond its injector (>17 MeV). He/she will work in close collaboration with the prototyping team, with the target facility team and with the buildings and conventional systems team.
As Accelerator Industrialisation Engineer of the 100 MeV superconducting linac, you will lead the global engineering coherence of the accelerator development. Therefore you will have the following responsibilities:
- own the engineering activities and their integration for the entire development cycle (design phase, engineering design, prototyping, industrialisation, production, installation, operation, maintenance, improvement, dismantling);
- ensure the translation of the designs into engineering solutions allowing to achieve the required performances with special emphasis on quality and reliability, within a defined cost and safety frame;
- study and evaluate risks arising from the design and prototyping phases to ensure adequate engineering solutions in a context of industrialisation;
- introduce engineering aspects and constraints as from the design phase;
- build close relationships (collaborative and commercial) with industries and research institutions for the various key technologies with the clear objective of industrialisation;
- ensure that all sub-systems and their integration are correctly documented (requirements, technical specifications, acceptance criteria) in view of the procurement phase (suppliers selection, follow-up), the production phase (assembly, tests, integration, commissioning) and the exploitation phase;
- build and maintain the Bill Of Materials of the accelerator;
- define and implement the feedback loop(s) allowing for continuous improvement with a particular focus on reliability aspects (with the team, partners, suppliers, …);
- technical reporting with an emphasis on technical risk evaluation and mitigation (define and build alternative technical solutions) as well as cost analysis (development, production, implementation and maintenance).