Web developer at the VUB in Brussels: right up your alley?
As a web developer for the VUB’s Brussels Photonics team (B-PHOT), the digital playground is your everyday habitat: you develop websites, applications, IT products and APIs, but you also help carry out marketing campaigns. Being part of a team of friendly and ambitious colleagues, you are employed in an informal setting where creative ideas are applauded. To the organisation, your personal development, health, well-being and work-life balance are not just empty words.
Who we are
We’re a diverse assembly of free spirits, enthusiastic personalities and born innovators. And above all: we’re a group of people living authentic lives. That is, in short, what the VUB-family looks like. However, there’s a lot more to be said, about our values, for example, or about our internal stories.
Within the VUB, the Brussels Photonics team (B-PHOT) is among world leaders in optics and photonics. The team consists of 50 photonics experts and about 25 technical workers. The group coordinates plenty of European projects that are dependent on websites and applications. That’s where you come in.
What you do
- You develop websites and applications for European projects.
- You are the m/f/x in charge of our IT products (software, program functions, Drupal modules, webpages, etc.). You are responsible for their design, development, implementation, maintenance and testing.
- Our APIs fall under your responsibility.
- You don’t shy away from graphic design (web page, banner, viral marketing campaign, etc.).
Who you are
- You hold a degree in computer science or computer engineering, or you have gained experience in the field.
- Ideally, you are familiar with version control systems (VCS). Not on board the Linux boat yet? That’s fine, you’ll master it in no time.
- You have a creative mind and a great sense of initiative. Generating boundary-pushing ideas is your thing.
- You prefer to work in a team. Now and then, you like to take up the role of advisor or coach.
- Speaking or writing in English isn’t a problem for you.
- Bonus points? Knowledge of WebAPIs is definitely a plus!
What we offer
- A full-time contract of unlimited duration
- A monthly salary according to the scale used in Flemish universities
- … encompassing a great deal of benefits: travel costs public transport, group insurance and hospitalisation, sports facilities, childcare …
- 35 days of leave
- Over 3,500 friendly colleagues
- An open, informal atmosphere – sometimes with a twist
- Room to determine your job content, learn and grow
- Work-life balance options
Does it sound like you?
Upload your CV, motivation letter and degree www.vub.ac.be. (deadline 20/07/2018) For more information, please contact Ms Natasja Amys on 02/629.20.01.