For over 100 years, The Datwyler Group, headquartered in Switzerland, is an industrial component supplier with leading positions in global and regional market segments. Datwyler Sealing Solutions is a supplier of customer-specific sealing, closure, and packaging solutions to industries, such as the Automotive, Health Care, Civil Engineering, and Consumer Goods industries. With 20 operating sites and around 6,000 employees, Datwyler Sealing Solutions generates an annual revenue of approximately CHF 750 million. Their working environment is shaped by their values and beliefs: they are entrepreneurs, they bring value to their customers, they excel in what they do and they have respect for others.
Vice President Quality
Global Quality Lead – People Management – Continuous Improvement
- You act as the main representative on global quality matters and drive a proactive, agile and innovative quality strategy with a continuous look on process improvements.
- You develop, implement and maintain a global process-oriented Quality Management System based on the corporate strategy, customer needs and international standards and regulations.
- You oversee the department’s day-to-day operations, define human resource needs and ensure training and development of the team.
- You define and introduce quality-related key performance indicators while translating the strategy into key projects and objectives.
- You define global processes for all manufacturing sites worldwide and monitor performance to ensure a decent implementation of the processes.
- You participate in conferences, customer meetings and relevant quality, technical and trade organizations while proactively following and reviewing trends in quality.
- You promote a company-wide understanding of the key elements related to the quality management system via ongoing training for employees.
- You build a good internal and external network with e.g. the Datwyler sites, global functions, customers, suppliers and certification body.
- You participate in the Management Team with the other Vice Presidents to represent the Quality department.
- You work from the Belgian (Alken) or Swiss (Altdorf) office while traveling around the world about 50% of your time.
- You report to the CEO of Datwyler Sealing Solutions.
Inspiring, visionary leadership with strategic future-oriented view
- You hold a (technical) Master’s degree and preferably a post-graduate business qualification (e.g. MBA).
- You ideally have significant experience in the automotive and/or health care industry with at least 5 years in an international managing quality role.
- You have thorough knowledge of international quality management system standards (preferably related to the Automotive and Healthcare industries), problem solving and Continuous Improvement tools.
- You are attracted to the “quality of the future” and are an inspiring and coaching leader who shares their vision with their team and the entire organization.
- You are fluent in English.
Global leading role – World’s leading manufacturer – Freedom to innovate
- You join one of the world’s leading component suppliers active for over a century.
- You take the lead in the global quality strategy and build forward on an already implemented and innovative Quality Management System.
- You work closely together with Executive Management and deal with a very capable and autonomous senior team of quality professionals.
- You operate in a global working environment. You will meet people from many different cultures, countries and continents.