This position is aimed at supporting customers in a variety of market segments (including Automotive, Medical and / or Sheet Extrusion) for all of the Trinseo plastics, with primary focus on the Polycarbonate & compounds and blends of Polycarbonate or Styrenics.
The role is based in Terneuzen, The Netherlands and will require you to apply your knowledge of polymers and polymer fabrication technologies on a daily basis.
As a member of Trinseo Plastics Europe’s TS&D organization, you will also have responsibility for specific development projects, requiring interaction with R&D and TS&D colleagues in Europe and or globally. You will need to work closely with sales, manufacturing and other functions within Trinseo, with technical responsibility for a defined group of customers.
As the technical interface with customers, the role has a strong application and product development focus, with additional responsibilities for ensuring product quality meets customer needs, with responsibilities including:
- identifying and understanding the end use application needs
- identifying project opportunities, based on customer and market needs
- translating identified needs into product and application development opportunities
- developing and implementing new products, applications and fabrication technologies
- development projects to resolve critical quality issues
- developing and understanding the competitive position
- supporting existing business