PPG (www.ppg.com) has been developing and delivering the paints, coatings and materials that its customers trust for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, PPG solves its customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, the company operates and innovates in more than 70 countries. PPG has customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. In the Industrial Coatings industry, PPG has earned a reputation for innovative, high-performance products and world-class service serving the world’s top manufacturers and supply chain partners. PPG's Coil Coatings business provides solutions for many different applications (metal roofing, metal building panels, entry doors...). PPG Coil Coatings is a full-service organisation offering coatings selection assistance, colour matching, electronic colour services, remote diagnostic capabilities and the industry’s largest colour database.
Technical Sales Representative
Technical spokesperson – Support sales team – Manage internal contacts
- You are the technical and commercial spokesperson for a couple of big Key Accounts (e.g. Arcelor Mittal) for which you are responsible to maintain a regular and constructive long-term relationship with.
- You are constantly aware of the customers’ situation in terms of coil applications, you anticipate and listen well to their needs and translate these into the right PPG Coil solution.
- You guarantee that the PPG products meet the customer specifications and ensure the proper usage of these products to obtain the expected quality level.
- You quickly solve customer issues related to changes in the production cycle. You always deliver the right solution in line with the client’s specifications.
- You run trials on the customer’s production line to approve new technologies.
- You are in contact with and create synergies across the Supply Chain, Manufacturing and R&D Laboratories departments.
- You manage customer complaints and facilitate internally to come up with the right answer. You use in-house tools (CAIR, PMP, CRM...) to follow up on complaints and projects.
- You ensure that employees follow general and PPG-specific security rules concerning HSE.
- You will travel to clients and colleagues across Europe with a main focus on Belgium, The Netherlands, France, UK and Poland. The PPG office is based in Marly (France). You will be expected to visit the HQ one or two days per week.
- You will report to the Segment Director Coil.
Combine strong communication skills with technical knowledge
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry. People equivalent through experience are also welcome.
- You can present a first experience in a technical sales role with chemical products or in chemical environments. Young graduates with relevant academic backgrounds will also be considered.
- You have great communication skills to influence clients and colleagues on all levels in the organisation. Your commercial attitude allows you to spot commercial opportunities and support the sales team.
- You are curious to learn about and become a technical expert in PPG’s Coil applications. With this knowledge, you are able to quickly and correctly help out customers and solve problems.
- You don’t shy away from travelling and being on the road to different clients and production sites across Europe, in fact, you derive energy from travelling.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Thorough knowledge of French and/or German is an asset.
What we offer
- You join a stable, financially healthy and innovative Fortune 200 company and one of the global leaders in manufacturing paints, coatings and specialty materials.
- You will get the freedom to schedule your own work while being part of an ambitious, motivating and helpful team and a Director nearby to learn from.
- You will interact with major industrial companies and have close contact with people on diverse levels across Europe.
- You will have opportunities in different areas (sales, product, engineering...) to further develop your career.