The Trek/Segafredo World Tour Cycling Team is looking to hire a Team Operations Manager to oversee and manage all operations of the Race team! The Operations Manager is a key leader who requires a variety of skills to help ensure the team is successful. You must be able to think on your feet, make tough decisions, and keep the team moving. A great Plan B is essential.
Budget Management/Financial Controls:
- The successful candidate would be responsible for the overall budget of the race team, would handle all bill pays and would also be responsible for the payroll of the riders and staff. In addition, this individual would handle all invoicing, expense reports and would partner with Deloitte to ensure compliance with local law and conduct the required financial audits.
UCI Point Person:
- A key part of this position will be to work with the UCI, including managing the yearly world tour license application, staying in frequent contact with them and keeping them updated on any changes within the team.
- This position will serve as an alternate board member and will attend quarterly/annual board meetings. Partnering with our race director on different Velon objectives such as race planning, key rider attendance, collective bargaining, hammer Race Series. Additionally, they will work with our staff and Velon ground staff to support Velon at the races.
AIGCP (represents all teams):
- Attend AIGCP meetings and alert them of any issues we are having with the UCI/Race Organizers
Daily Operations Management:
- A critical part of this position is the daily operations management and ensuring that everyone, and everything is where it needs to be, before it needs to be there. This includes staff scheduling for races, training camps, and the Service Course. Vehicle scheduling for races, camps and events. Ensuring staff is attending the meetings, keep staff focused on using new technology – Flowdock, CA PPM, Ascend, and provide key updates. In addition to the above this individual would also be the admin of the digital solutions including, Trekfr.com email, Flowdock, CA PPM, Ascend and Spotmaster (car tracking system). Finally, this person would also oversee our Mobile Phone Service Provider and manage insurance claims w/Callant.
- Organize and set priorities for employees
- Enforce rules for operations with riders and staff
- Another important part of this position will be to ensure that contracts are negotiated, drafted and completed for, Riders/Director Staff and Manage all contracts including; Work with riders/agents to answer any questions they may have – usually on compliance. Mange contracts for UCI registration and EY audit. Keep record of sponsorship contracts, and report to the UCI.