We are looking for an inspirational, highly motivated teacher, committed to challenging and enthusing our students, to join a very successful Faculty of Human Social and Political Sciences and teach History and Geography students aged 11-14 in Years 7-9.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent practitioner who is keen to motivate and inspire students and to play an active role in the life of our school.
The successful candidate will have had previous experience teaching at secondary level, ideally in the British system, internationally and/or in the UK. We expect applicants to have a suitable degree and a recognised teaching qualification.The successful applicant will:
- set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and of all abilities;
- work closely with department colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and collaborative spirit within the department and co-operate with colleagues in the faculty, other departments and the Primary School;
- be appreciative of students’ differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- be prepared and able to contribute materially to curriculum development in the department;
- be actively involved in professional learning within the school, department and faculty, and across departments where opportunities arise, including after-school meetings, relevant courses and professional learning days;
- have good IT skills professionally and pedagogically;
- be able utilise Assessment for Learning and e-learning approaches and to make effective and appropriate use of technology to ensure all students enjoy and achieve success;
- be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social and personal development of students and to the extra-curricular life of the school, including a willingness to take an active part in school trips, both residential and day visits.