The Tax Director provides tax leadership and execution of global tax strategies and country specific tax reporting for all entities. Reporting to the CFO, the position has overall responsibility for managing the worldwide tax function. The Tax Director will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing and defending the Company's tax strategies, global direct and indirect tax compliance and financial tax reporting. This position interfaces regularly with senior leadership, partners with professionals across a broad range of functions, and establishes productive and value-added relationships with tax advisors.
Essential Tax Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Oversee the development of a comprehensive tax strategy and global tax planning to optimize the company's tax burden while maintaining proper compliance with existing tax laws
* Manage and provide oversight for the coordination of compliance for the annual preparation of all tax returns and statutory filings.
* Manage and supervise all aspects of quarterly and annual financial reporting for income tax for the company
* Manage and review the preparation of all tax reporting requirements for all international locations
* Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provisions, if needed and financial statement footnotes in accordance with GAAP and/or IFRS
* Manage and review the preparation of all indirect taxes, included but not limited to sales and use, property taxes, VAT, GST, etc.
* Manage and provide oversight for all tax forecasting activities
* Defend federal, state, international and local audits
* Maintain strong relationship with external auditors and interface with the Internal Revenue Service, outside tax consultants, and other professional associates or governments in the exchange of tax information
* Work with third party tax advisors on federal and state research and development (R&D) tax credit studies
* Maintain appropriate transfer pricing policies and documentation
* Prepare and present periodic presentations to senior leadership and the Board of Directors on key tax issues