ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United States of America with over 1,300 employees and a turnover exceeding 300 million euros.
Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
- SUPPLIER SELECTION : asses and evaluate system and process quality of potential new suppliers in supplier selection phase in order to follow the stragegy defined by procurement.
- SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT : support and manage the launch of new parts, projects or new suppliers in order to minimize the risk for Asco
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT : continuously improve qualtity performance of suppliers and subcontractors in order to develop partnerships with preferred suppliers and to become the customer of choice of these suppliers.
- CURRENT BUSINESS : control and manage process and product quality at suppliers in order to prevent potential issues
- FOLLOW UP OF PRODUCTION : manage supplier quality in production phase in order to avoid reoccurrence of problems
Industrial or Civil engineer or equal by experienceLanguages:
French, Dutch, EnglishSkills / Experience:
- Experience in industrial manufacturing in an (international) mechanical company is a must; previous experience in a similar quality function is an advantage
- Thorough technical knowledge and interest, both product knowledge and process knowledge
- Well developed analytical skills
- Sensitive to commercial aspects
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; capable to interact with senior management at suppliers
- Good team player
- Flexible and efficient
- Stress resistant
- Result oriented
- Takes initiative and displays a pro-active attitude
- Open to travel frequently
Asco offers a position in an innovative high-tech environment, using cutting-edge technologies, with a unique training policy and opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.