Schréder Group designs and manufactures outdoor luminaires for urban or rural communities. It provides outdoor lighting products for roadway, urban, flood, industrial, tunnel lighting, and special applications worldwide. The company was founded in 1907 and is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Nowadays, Schréder grew up to a big international company with around 2600 people worldwide over 35 intensely local companies.
Schréder always applies their “spirit of innovation”: over the past 111 years, Schréder has been driven by a culture of innovation, a tradition of engineering, a desire to make streets safer, and a push to increase energy efficiency.
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Responsibilities and tasks
- You are responsible for all commercial relationships with suppliers within the electromechanical commodity on the global level, securing targeted levels of cost, quality, delivery precision, sustainability, etc.
- You will have global responsibility for driving competitive commodity supply strategies to achieve lowest total cost.
- You collaborate with business to drive revenue and income growth through innovative sourcing strategies and rigorous execution.
- Key supplier relationship management: you prepare and conduct major negotiations that are of strategic importance
- You develop a technology roadmap and align with Schréder requirements (R&D, Operations, Supply Chain)
- You develop risk management plans on financial, technology, dependencies, supply continuity.
- You report to the Head of Purchasing.
- You have a Master degree in Engineering, preferably in (electro)mechanical engineering.
- You have more than 8 years experience in purchasing and planning, ideally in a technical and industrial environment.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and analytical skills – ability to identify and exploit key opportunities.
- Thanks to your experience on a global level, you have built relationships with buyers in Europe and Asia.
- You have a track record of successes in developing strategy, successful cost negotiations and driving cost reduction efforts.
- Your knowledge of English is excellent, oral as well as written.
- You are prepared to travel all over the globe for up to 50% of your time.
What we offer
- You will work for an international company with growing opportunities where expertise, passion, and sustainability are key and where investments in R&D are made to be at the forefront of technological development.
- You will hold a position with great independence and room for initiative and you have the full responsibility of a particular commodity.
- You will work in a global environment, meeting people from many different cultures, countries and continents.