With more than 450.000 employees worldwide, our client is the world's largest express transportation company, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries. They operate via global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date with a money-back guarantee.
Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst - Transportation Industry
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor competitor's activities in the transportation industry and detect market trends that create risks and opportunities to the group in Europe.
- Work closely with your colleagues in the team - in charge of competitive intelligence and strategic planning
- Realize market assessment/sizing of new market spaces (warehousing, healthcare logistics…) and company profiling for partnership/M&A opportunities
- Perform complex analysis of the business to provide business insight to the European executive team in order to support decision making
- Develop short and long term strategic scenarios that support strategic planning in Europe
- Defend Company's interests together with Legal in regulatory cases (Competition filing to clear acquisitions, competition law, EU legislation lobbying)
The successful candidate will have the following requirements:
- A Master Degree in Business or Economics
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong strategic thinking with the ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong analytical (numeric & strategic) skills with the ability to convert data into relevant information
- Knowledge of the transportation industry with strong general business logic
- Strong project leadership with the ability to interact effectively throughout various functions and hierarchical levels
- Very flexible and adaptable to change and unstructured project scope
- PC literate, specifically strong MS Excel skills. Knowledge of Access/SAS is a plus.
- Prior experience in a competitive intelligence, business analysis or strategic planning function is a plus
The successful candidate will have:
- An attractive salary package in line with his experience
- Take part of the career development programs offer by the company
- Join a leader on the market with a strong people oriented philosophy