- Master's or Ph.D Degree in Materials or Ceramic Science/Engineering or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in those field if experience in materials science R&D exceeds requirement
- Minimum 4-6 years materials research or new product/process development experience is required ideally in an industrial R&D setting
- Candidate should have minimum 2-4 years hands-on experience in one or several of the following areas:
? Ceramics or related materials (Refractories Advanced Ceramics Composites Refractory metals Carbon Materials for Structural Applications)
? Advanced material processing
? Steel Continuous Casting
? IP Protection
Required Skill Set:
- Significant knowledge of applied materials science and mechanical engineering for high temperature structural applications is required. Capable of getting rapidly up to speed in refractory materials (if not already proficient).
- Logical and methodical. An adept of the "scientific" approach to problem solving".
- Analytical: good problem solving skills able to resolve complex problems to “first order” pehenomena.
- Experimental skills: observation skills ability to design and build effective research apparatus
- Knowledge in the following subject areas is desirable:
? Thermodynamic simulation
? Thermo-mechanical modelling
? Project management processes
Personal Operating & Management:
- Energy and Drive
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical public.
- Autonomy: self-motivated organized focused sense of priorities. Ability to make complex decisions
- An interest in teamwork and possibly managing a small team
Interpersonal & Communication:
- Fluent English as a working language. International culture. French language is a plus.
- Able to present technical subjects to non-technical audience
- Ideally 28-35 years old
- Motivated to relocate to Belgium
- The candidate should have a potential to later develop into higher-level positions in the organization not limited to the Research field