Quantum Controls BV, based in Nuth (Zuid Limburg, on the border with Germany and Belgium), is an international operating specialist in the development and production of stabilizing systems for big motor yachts. Our products are worldwide distributed by our American sister organization. The development and production of almost all mechanical, hydraulic and electronic parts is done in house. Due to several unique patents we are the world leader in the area of stabilizing yacht at anchor, our ZeroSpeed system.
To increase our Engineering capacity we are looking for a:
Senior Engineer - Mechanical Engineer
An experienced and independent operating mechanical engineer in a small self-willed team of specialists
You are a professional in mechanical designs in the area of strength, static and fatigue calculations. You possess a wide knowledge of the most common production technics. You must be able to understand complex designs and develop them in to detailed production drawings, this in collaboration with your colleague engineers.
You will be a member, together with your direct colleague engineer, of a team with members from R&D and the Controls Department. You report to the managing director.
In your role as senior engineer your focus is mainly on the final engineering of different designs/idea’s. In our project organization we offer customized solutions to our customers. Therefore every design is somehow unique. This requires meticulousness teamwork between the different departments.
New mechanical and control designs are the base and also the future of our organization. We expect a big contribution from you in this.
You spend most of your time on independent detailing, calculating and finalization of designs. This requires a fundamental knowledge of mechanical engineering, experience on working with 3D drawing- and FEM-software and knowledge and understanding of prevailing production techniques.
What are your assets!
- Bachelor+/Master Degree educational- and thinking level
- Specialized in Mechanical Engineering; a sound theoretical basis in understanding, initiating and interpreting mechanical calculations.
- Extensive experience, preferably gained within a project organization focused on designing and producing frequently moving mechanical machinery or parts.
- Knowledge and understanding of common production techniques; welding- and machining-techniques
- Experience working with 3D drawing software and FEM software; we use Solid Egde and Feemap
- You combine the mentality of a team player with the self-confidence and independence that belongs to your seniority. You know what it means to collaborate with specialists because you are one yourself.
What to expect from us!
- a healthy, internationally focused company, with a strong market position, working on a high quality product
- a professional, international team of specialists working in an open and very pleasant atmosphere
- a location in a busy region close to Germany and Belgium with beautiful nature and surroundings
- terms and conditions of employment are up to market standards
- attractive secondary employment conditions
- but above all a challenging role at a high level with opportunities for personal input