Our client, a worldwide leader in credit insurance, offers companies around the globe solutions to protect against the risk of financial default of their clients, both on the domestic market and for export.
Currently they are looking for a Senior Credit Analyst.
Senior Credit Analyst
The Senior Credit Analyst will primarily gather and investigate businesses established in Belgium and Luxembourg. The objectives are to maintain a close watch on the portfolio in order to provide the group's risk department with pertinent and updated information.
Key elements are:
- Contact companies in order to obtain updated financial information and challenge your interlocutor
- Write reports with synthesis of all information gathered with clear conclusions and recommendations for their risk exposure
- Modify or confirm companies assessments following a complete analysis
- Investigate, manage, verify and enhance all available information received from external or internal information providers
- Justify and explain restrictive position towards unsatisfied buyers
- Monitor risk and update assessments upon receipt of alert from external sources
- Pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with underwriting and information colleagues
- Ensure compliance with regulations and procedures
- Lead a team of 4 analysts
- Master in Finance or Economics
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a similar role in credit insurance or banking environment
- Knowledge of company accounts (Belgian/Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS)
- Understanding of banking and funding, business law and legal group structure
- Fluent in Dutch and English, knowledge of French is a plus
- External communication abilities and persuasion power
- Excellent questioner // proactive // team player // well organized // multitasker // deadline oriented
- Challenging position in a leading and entrepreneurial business environment
- Excellent salary package, extralegal benefits, company car, bonus