Purpose of the role
To contribute to a vibrant and busy department, ensuring that all administrative Enrichment, including Drama requirements are dealt with efficiently and effectively and that relevant compliance issues are fulfilled. To act as the first point of contact for all Enrichment related enquires. Areas of responsibility:
- Maintain the calendar of all Enrichment activities both sporting and non-sporting to include music and drama to avoid clashes under the direction of the Enrichment Coordinator and in liaison with the Music department.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Enrichment, Faculty Leader PE and Enrichment and the Department Leader of Drama
- Provide all clerical and administrative procedures for Enrichment (as directed by the Head of Enrichment, Department Leader of Drama or the Faculty Leader PE & Enrichment)
- Assist the Department Leader of Drama in preparation of concerts, productions and special events
- Handle general enquiries by parents, students, staff and external parties.
- Prepare publicity, programmes, tickets and other information relating to all Enrichment activities.
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service when dealing with enquires either on the telephone, in writing or in person.
- Ensure good relationships with clubs, leagues, schools and other external organisations with whom we work in partnership in sporting or other activities.
- Take and distribute minutes in Enrichment or PE meetings and maintain accurate records.
- Provide administrative support to the Drama Department in liaison with the Department Leader of Drama.
- In liaison with others, ensure that the arrangements for activities and events are conducted professionally, in a timely manner, adhering to school policies and guidelines, communicated to all relevant parties both at BSB and away:
- Ensure all facilities are booked and prepared
- booking of travel, accommodation and travel payment process for Enrichment and Drama trips and visitors to the school
- housing and hosting families of visiting athletes
- catering and refreshments
- kit and equipment
- correct staffing including referees
- first aid kits and first aiders/helpers at the fixtures
- security booked
- all necessary administrative documentation (including school trip procedures) is submitted to the relevant people following the timeline given
- Liaise with Costume Department team
The post-holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.