Improving road safety, combined with mobility and public safety. That is the goal of Vias institute as a major Belgian knowledge centre.
Vias institute (previously the Belgian Road Safety Institute) has a dynamic and multidisciplinary team made up of both young and experienced researchers. For many projects, Vias institute works closely with research institutions and partner organisations, both at home and abroad.
You will run research projects and carry out data analyses in one or more areas of research in the field of road safety or public safety.
You will do this by:
- monitoring the scientific literature in a particular field;
- (helping to) define appropriate methodologies for new projects;
- gathering, analysing and summarising research data;
- recording analyses and project results in clear memos and reports;
- presenting research results at conferences and other events;
- substantiating policy advice and recommendations;
- You have master /PhD degree in a relevant field (information technology, statistics, economics, sociology, psychology, engineering )
- You have good knowledge of one or more statistical programs, such as R and SPSS;
- You have a good knowledge of English and basic knowledge of French;
- You enjoy working independently, have strong communication skills and display a sense of initiative.
Vias is offering a challenging job in a professional and future-focused organisation and a competitive salary package in line with the market, including fringe benefits.