Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
We are seeking a Counsellor to join our school who will work both individually and as part of a team to make a difference to the lives of our students.
The successful candidate will provide a professional and confidential counselling to students, promoting their welfare, personal care and building their resilience to help them cope with the difficulties they face.
Applicants must be qualified to work as a school counsellor and relevant experience in a school setting is highly desirable.
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
- A full-time or part-time (50% job share), temporary (1 year) contract
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Attractive salary - BSB Learning & Teaching scale – Band 3 representing a minimum of € 44.319 and maximum € 63.092 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities and a relocation package.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 16:00 (CET). Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.Short listed candidates will be invited to interview at the school the beginning of June.To apply, follow the instructions on https://www.britishschool.be/jobopportunities/
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)