Established in April 2014, MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas Wind Systems A/S. Our vision is to be a leading player in the offshore industry by co-developing offshore wind as a financially viable and sustainable energy source to benefit future generations. An international organisation with +2500 employees and HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, we also have offices in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Taiwan and Japan.
MHI Vestas wants to do better every day
With +2500 employees in seven different countries, we are one of the leading players in the offshore wind industry. Even if we find ourselves in many different locations, one thing remains the same: We prioritise the team spirit and we value the close connection between our employees. We focus on financially viable and sustainable solutions that benefit future generations. Established in 2014, we are a young, diverse and ambitious organisation with an informal and dynamic environment.
SCADA SERVICE ENGINEER - Belgium or Netherlands
Use your extensive SCADA experience to provide operational supportAre you looking for a position where you will have the opportunity to apply your technical expertise and know-how? Do you thrive in an international organisation where you will have a broad interface across the organisation? Then we look forward hearing from you!
Tasks & responsibilities: You will……provide operational support for installed SCADA installations delivered to MHI Vestas Offshore Wind farm projects. You will cooperate with both internal and external stakeholders to secure continuous operation, and improvement of SCADA installations, as well as performing regular maintenance and service work on operational SCADA installations.You will also be responsible for:
- Provide technical and operational support to both internal users and customers
- Plan, coordinate and execute updates of SCADA installation to secure optimal operational performance, availability and reliability
- Support developing concept and implementation of SCADA Surveillance system to secure predictable and reliable operation of our Customers SCADA system
- Support our internal Construction and Service departments across different countries with tasks related to handover processes for SCADA project installations
- Maintain, develop and improve documentation for operational SCADA installations
- Support Service After Sales activities to provide our Customers with new and upgraded products relevant for operational SCADA systems
- Being an active part of continuous development of our internal test and verification facilities for both new and existing SCADA installations
- Perform SCADA training for external and internal users in corporation with our internal training centre
Skills & experience: Our new colleague……has practical experience with SCADA technologies, implementation and installation. It is important you have knowledge of and experience with Microsoft based server technologies, as well experience with a variety of industrial communication protocols for data and information exchange, e.g. OPC DA/UA, IEC61850, IEC60870 and Modbus. As a person, you enjoy a busy working day in a dynamic, changing and international environment. You are a team-player with an open and service-minded attitude, and you possess a result-driven mindset towards agreed targets.We expect that you:
- Have knowledge of data storage technologies as well as technical knowledge within areas of industrial automation, including experience with programming of PLC and RTU devices
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Are fluent in English (written and oral)
- Have experience with technical support to users at all levels within the organization
- Have experience with existing Vestas SCADA and Power Plant Control products (preferred, not required)
Join us if you…...would like to work in an international and ambitious company where we work shoulder to shoulder every day to become the global leader in the offshore wind market. You will be part of a dedicated team in an organisation characterised by being ambitious, innovative and professional.We offer you:
Apply nowWe’re already looking forward to hearing from you. In case you have questions about the position, please contact Head of SCADA Engineering, Torben Rokkedal Pedersen, on +45 50 671 672. Your primary work location will be either Oostende (Belgium) or Ijmuiden (Netherlands), depending on candidate residential location. You should expect approx. 100-150 travel days per year to service sites primarily in Belgium and Netherlands, as well partly Germany (Norddeich). Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible using the link on this page. We treat all inquiries confidentially.
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- The right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. We value initiative and responsibility
- The opportunity to influence the commercial and service aspects of complex projects and play an important part in a rapidly developing environment.