Do you have a passion for international trade, exports or finance?
Do not miss this opportunity: we are reinforcing our teams with new talent! Engage in a career at Credendo, a leading European Credit insurance company.
Credendo – Export Credit Agency has been excelling in export credit insurance for almost a century. The company has grown to become a European player which is active nowadays in fourteen European countries under the name of Credendo.
500 enthusiastic professionals, 300 of whom are working in Belgium, assess the risks linked to international trade transactions and elaborate solutions to cover them.
In order to reinforce our teams in Brussels, we are currently looking for Reinsurance Accountant (m/f).
As a Reinsurance technical accountant you will process and analyse accounting vouchers for the ceded and accepted reinsurance activities in order to correctly establish the reinsurance statements in due time.
- You will establish and register the reinsurance statements on the ceded part (Quota Share, Excess of Loss, Fronting, etc.) for the long-term (Credendo – Export Credit Agency, market risks) and the short-term activities (Credendo – Short-Term Non-EU Risks).
- You will establish and register the reinsurance statements on the accepted part, following the portfolio.
- You will take part in various closing tasks (reconciliation, clearing of accounts, statements, etc.).
- You will collect the necessary information to establish the statements in order to monitor and manage the files (Quota Share, facultatives, etc.).
- You will be in contact with brokers and take care of all correspondence about payment monitoring.
- You will perform analytical tasks specific to the reinsurance business in the framework of the current projects (IFRS 17/9, SAP FR-RI, etc.) to which you will contribute.
- You will participate in the writing and documenting of the procedures in order to update the working methods and the operational tools adapted to our needs.
- You will collaborate with the internal and external auditors in the audit process.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting and you preferably have 5 years of professional experience in finance, reinsurance or in the insurance sector. Knowledge of credit insurance is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills and you like to work with figures and IT applications.
- You have a sense of initiative and good organising skills.
- You are meticulous and have a sense of responsibility.
- You show good oral and written language proficiency (French, Dutch, English).
- You’re familiar with the SAP financial and accounting systems and you have some knowledge of IFRS.
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.