Bricsys is a global provider of engineering design software brought to market under the BricsCAD brand, powering 2D drafting, 3D modeling, sheet metal design, and building information modeling (BIM). BIM is a new way of thinking in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry, shifting from 2D computeraided drafting to designing 3D virtual models. To contribute to the product development of its BIM application, Bricsys is looking for a: R&D Software Engineer.
R&D Software Engineer
As a R&D Software Engineer, together with a small team, you will be developing new algorithms to solve challenging problems of computational geometry, computer-aided design, rendering, and intelligent data management. By doing this, as a R&D Software Engineer, you will be part of a larger and international team that aims to develop an industry leading and very user-friendly BIM application for customers in the AEC, GIS, civil engineering, and mechanical CAD markets.
We are looking for a R&D Software Engineer, who fits the following profile:
- Master in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or other sciences (or you can prove you are at this level in some other way).
- Experience with Object Oriented programming (e.g. C++, Java, C#, ...).
- Familiarity with general algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Strong mathematical insight, especially in computational geometry.
- Experience or knowledge of BIM/CAD applications is considered a plus.
- Professional experience is valued but not required if you can show us some relevant or interesting personal/student work.
- Ability to coordinate your work with team members and to communicate openly on looming problems.
- Ability to realistically plan your own work and make reliable promises to your team members.
- English & Dutch: full professional proficiency.
As a R&D Software Engineer, we can offer you:
- A full-time or 4/5 job in Ghent (UCO tower).
- Flexible hours and sufficient vacation (young parents friendly).
- Competitive remuneration with extras (pension fund, meal vouchers, hospitalization & car insurance).
- A no-nonsense work floor with a flat hierarchy and direct access to management.
- Autonomy in planning and designing your own work (guidance and collaboration possibilities are available).
- Interesting mix of team members to discuss designs and problems.
- Encouragement to show initiative, learn, grow and develop your own ideas.
- Parties, pizza Fridays and other (optional) fun activities.