Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The primary function of Purchasing is to economically and efficiently purchase goods and services commensurate with company policies and objectives, while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity. Responsible for managing suppliers effectively and providing high levels of customer satisfaction. The Manager works closely with Site management and employees, at the direction of the Regional Purchasing Lead. This position negotiates, develops and implements agreements that maximize value and support client initiatives, services and suppliers. The Purchasing Manager is delegated the authority to commit company funds. This position will work on the definition and resolution of known or anticipated problems in value, quality, feasibility, and specifications in the procurement of goods and services, while contributing cost savings and other value added activity to support customer needs and expectations.
• Responsible for sourcing, bidding, negotiating, contracting, and purchasing goods and services in alignment with agreed category strategies. Execute the competitive bidding process in accordance with the Organization’s Purchasing Policy
• Understand the Organization’s approved buying channels and contracting policy for Services and Goods and help guide requestor’s to the appropriate buying channel
• Develop and maintain a supply base that ensures the best value for quality, delivery, pricing, service, etc. Includes over-sight of all new vendor requests, in alignment with preferred supplier networks and relevant category strategy
• Support and implement preferred supplier network for certain spend categories and help drive spend to these suppliers
• Proactive management of local suppliers including, anticipation, resolution and communication. Analyze supplier performance using rating system using established rating systems (eg supplier metrics program, suppliers’ goals, etc.).
• Identify, develop and implement standardized buying practices to ensure adequacy of supply chain. Educate requisitioners on the same
• Effectively develop and negotiate confidentiality agreements and any other agreement in alignment with agreed category strategies, at a financial approved and authorized for the position
• Engage with internal customer, communicate successfully in one-to-one or group in order to gain influence, ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
• Support Organization category strategies and obtain client approval of category strategies. Communicate with the relevant Category Manager to help identify major opportunities
• Support Affiliate for local & central cost optimization initiatives