The Project Warranty Manager will be managing warranty services for signaling projects.
PURPOSE OF THE MISSION:
The Project Warranty Manager ensure Warranty commitments in the projects until the closure of the Warranty with the client satisfaction :
- Within the expected budget and according to contractual requirements,
- Creating value during the warranty period :
o Improve client satisfaction : Reliability growth demonstration, vigilant for additional service needs linked to the project.
o Reduce warranty costs
o Increase the selling price with variation orders in coordination with Service division
o Contribute to product improvement through REX
The main tasks of the Project Warranty Manager consist in:
1. Involvement in Tenders :
- Cost estimation and commitment for the warranty work package
- Contribute to improve the competitiveness in terms of warranty budget
2. Preparation of Warranty implementation before commercial service :
- Prepare the budget for the Warranty WP, based on tender and contract;
- Define the warranty organization and resource planning: hotline, technical support, intervention team, spare parts, tools and logistic set up.
- Write and get internal & external approval of Warranty Management Plan;
- Prepare the warranty database of the installed fleet (Configuration management, event follow-up and tracking, failure reporting).
3. Execution of Warranty : The Project Warranty Manager is the single point of contact for any warranty issue
- Manage the corrective maintenance during warranty to ensure availability of the systems for commercial service :
- remote/on-site technical assistance
- correction of defaults and repair loop, in coordination with Field operation team and logistics.
- Ensure availability of spare parts for corrective interventions
- Ensure EHS requirements are fulfilled for all warranty interventions
- Update the configuration of the installed base and collect all the data to provide failure and availability analysis
- Ensure corrective actions at fleet level using return of experience and with the support of engineering.
- Reliability growth actions and systematic defects : escalates to project engineering team any potential systematic failures that may occur in the installed fleet,
- Implement corrective actions based on root cause analysis and solution design provided by Project Engineering (reliability improvements, quality/safety issues).
- Escalate to Sourcing and SQA with any issue related to reliability performance of external supplier's products.
4. Contract management :
- In coordination with the Project Manager and the Customer Director, the Project Warranty Manager organize regular follow-up of warranty performance with the customer through regular Failure Review Boards with the customer :
o Validation of warranty status of the installed base
o KPI review (service level, RAMs : with the support of Rams project engineer).
o Contradictory analysis of the failure : analysis of root causes, responsibilities and return of experience
o Manage the warranty claims and negotiate the best solutions of remediation in a win/win approach.
o Negotiate in collaboration with the Service division variation orders for any service request beyond the warranty contractual requirements.
- Manage all actions to exit from warranty and obtain from the customer the official release of the warranty.
5. Work package management :
- Manage Project Warranty Work Package including all related activities as defined in the WBS structure, follow-up the costs and regularly update the forecasts through the financial project reviews.
- Identify and manage Risks + mitigation plans
- Generate savings actions and secure them in project reviews
- Customer satisfaction based on the reaction time to solve any issue from notification and reliability achievements.
- Reach QCD objectives for the warranty work package
- Reliability and availability achievements