Representing Purchase in the program launch team and providing business unit support during program launch. Secure competitive bids for new sourcing nomination based on defined bidder lists. New product launch coordination, leading early supplier involvement, new supplier involvement for technical support on new technologies, value analysis/value engineering, and leading supplier, launch coordination with local manufacturing sites in alignment with global commodity strategies. Align tooling payment terms, material & logistics protocol, risk assessment & manufacturability reviews.
- Secure comp bids, best price comparison forms to determine costs for new and current projects from existing and new advanced supplybase. Supporting the search for high technology supply-base and support the development of new components in these technologies at the new or existing supplybase;
- Lead supplier selection meeting in alignment with global purchasing commodity strategies and new product performance requirements;
- Coordinate supplier new product introductions in support of product launches, risk & manufacturability reviews. Provide active representation on the project teams until SOP + 90 days;
- Coordinate early supplier involvement with product and manufacturing teams / ECM filtration and delegation;
- Support improvement of supplier launch procedures to minimize inventory obsolescence and support lean manufacturing needs in alignment with operational expectations;
- Liaison to business units, as required.