In Malawi, BRC-FL leads several disaster risk reduction programs funded by the European Commission - Humanitarian Aid & Civil Protection (ECHO) and by the Flemish government. For these programs, which have the aim to increase resilience to shocks in rural and urban areas of Malawi, we are looking for a ‘disaster risk reduction program manager’. The projects are implemented over 1 to 2 years.
The job consists of 3 focus areas:
1. Coordinating the implementation of one of the disaster risk reduction programs:
- You are the overall end-responsible for one of the disaster risk reduction projects. This project is implemented by the Malawi Red Cross (MRCS) in close collaboration with BRC-FL;
- You will form the bridge between the local Red Cross and BRC – FL which means you will provide operational and managerial assistance to the local Red Cross in order to ensure successful, qualitative and timely implementation of the project;
- You are able at all times to keep up to date with the current state of affairs of the ongoing activities (close compliance with the schedule, budget and KPIs) and take proactive measures to avoid any bottlenecks, delays or other problems;
- You monitor the local Red Cross’ compliance with procedures during the execution of the projects (logistics/administration/finances), paying particular attention to the correct use of resources and the complete documentation of this;
- You ensure the timely and qualitative reporting and management of the project using the BRC - FL project management tools;
2. Representing BRC-FL within the area and strengthening our partnership with MRCS by:
- Maintaining close contact with representatives of the Belgian Federal government and the Flemish government, the European Commission and other relevant actors;
- Ensuring an effective information flow between BRC-FL and those actors.
- Building strong bridges between MRCS and BRC-FL on strategy, policy and activities;
- Identifying new project opportunities and elaborating on project proposals in close collaboration with MRCS;
3. Ensuring efficient management of the local office by:
- Managing vehicle(s), materials and the delegation budget;
- Closely monitoring the security situation.
You report to the Head of Humanitarian Assistance of BRC-FL and work closely with the various colleagues in Malawi and at the headquarters of BRC-FL.
Place of employment:
The place of employment is Lilongwe, Malawi, with regular visits to the provinces.
Apply online. Be sure to attach your CV (max. 3 pages) and a letter of application.