ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United States with over 1,300 employees and a turnover exceeding 250 million euros.
Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
Production Manager (Flow Team Manager)
The Production Manager (Flow Team Manager) will plan, organize, coordinate and follow up all production-related activities within the Flow Team in order to achieve the agreed objectives in terms of volume, quality, on-time delivery and cost. Establish a safe and positive work environment for the employees and support the OU manager with customer-related contacts.
1. Security and 5S (6S) : Ensure, implement and follow up a safe and ergonomic work environment and –organization in cooperation with ID by means of the LEAN principles…
2. People Management : Support and guide the supervisors in people management aspects, and if necessary, escalate to the hierarchical management and optimize cooperation with the supporting departments.
3. Training & Coaching : Ensure that the collaborators have the necessary competences to perform their work and if not, initiate actions with this regard, e.g. foresee trainings in cooperation with the Training Manager. Meanwhile, take on the role of a coach for the collaborators.
4. Financial : Create and follow-up the budget and perform (or delegate) necessary action plans in order to be able to realize this budget while also taking into account requested management objectives.
5. Planning : Translate the production plan into monthly targets in cooperation with the Delivery Coordinator, internally in the flow team or transversal across all different OU’s and adjust where necessary.
6. KPI’s : Take preventive and corrective measures and define concrete actions in order to always reach the necessary quality-, production-, security-, planning- and cost goals and define and follow up the KPI’s for the supervisors.
7. Continuous Improvement : Attend Kaizen events and initiate and encourage improvement of production flows, lead times and OTD. Deploy the targets for the supervisor and the self-steering teams concerning continuous improvement initiatives and be their coach in this regard, whilst taking into account the flow- and lean principles.
Education: Bachelor degree or Industrial Engineer or equal experiences in this fieldLanguage: Mother tongue French or Dutch, a good knowledge of the other language and experience in English.Skills/Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an industrial environment
- Ability to manage a large team (discipline/motivation/work organization)
- Knowledge of Management by Objectives and by Indicators
- Experience with Lean/Flow- principles is mandatory
- Ability to motivate people and develop action plans for improvement with them
- Customer-driven, entrepreneurial spirit
- Safety and quality awareness
- Analytical skills
- Strong decisiveness
- Good communicator bottom-up and top-down
- Strong organizational skills
Asco offers a position in an innovative high-tech environment, using cutting-edge technologies, with a unique training policy and opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.