Extremis, located in Poperinge, sells its own collection of designer furniture worldwide and stands for innovative design, impeccable quality and correct service.
As a designer, you add magic to our Product Development team. You position Extremis’ (a)typical identity in a changing competitive market and you are able to convert a challenging problem from a design briefing into highly convincing concept presentations. The workshop is one of the natural habitats where you transform conceptual stories into tangible mock ups. You fluently speak ‘sketching’ and ‘3D modeling’, solidworks and sketchup are just a few of your native languages. You know what is out there in the manufacturing world to cooperate on demonstrator prototypes and pitch these to our loyal but curious audience. A close collaboration with the team members is a thing that boosts your energy, playing ping pong with the lead designer is one of your favorite sports.
- Degree in product design or product development.
- Master in finding the right problem to solve, resulting in game changing concepts for future living.
- Strong skills in creative ideation, a critical sense of detail and quality, a constructive mindset, a methodical design approach.
- Autonomous and assertive to realise your targets.
- Up-to-date on current materials and production techniques, curious to explore new ones.
- Clear organisational skills, responsive communicator, speaking Dutch and/or English.
- Following up on trends in lifestyle, interior, furniture and product design. Strong interest in solutions for a fast changing world.
- Two years of relevant working experience.
A responsible position with diverse and creative tasks at the heart of a dynamic company.
An environment with room for initiative and personal development.
A competitive salary in line with your knowledge and experience.