The Boortmalt Group (www.boortmalt.com) is a fully owned subsidiary of Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and employs 300 people. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt produces 1.1 million tons of malt per year, of which 50% is exported to developing markets outside of Europe. In addition, approximately 50% of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. The customers are large international brewers and distillers as well as smaller local breweries all over the world. To support their ambitious plans to grow, Boortmalt is looking for a Group Procurement Manager.
Leading the Boortmalt Group purchasing strategy
- You negotiate pricing and conditions for new and renewed contracts
- You monitor and benchmark the existing supply base.
- You identify and select reliable and competitive suppliers who can provide new products or services or who can replace entirely or partially existing suppliers where required.
- You ensure internal procedures for procurement are established and followed
- By doing so you improve Boortmalt’s purchasing power and conditions to create value through service, cost and investment efficiencies while complying with regulatory requirements, the Boortmalt Ethical business policy and the AXEREAL Group purchasing strategy (when available).
- You report to the Boortmalt group CFO and you establish a strong internal and external network with the stakeholders. You are supported by the Group Procurement Manager. Raw materials and energy purchases are not in yourscope.
Hands-on with a strong helicopter view
- You have a master’s degree (Business Administration, Law, ...) with over 10 years’ experience in Procurement. Experience in the manufacturing industry is an asset.
- You have excellent knowledge of strategic purchasing processes, financial procedures, bid management, contract development and drafting.
- You have a strong helicopter view and you are able to work in a fast-paced, team environment on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- You have excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills, in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
A bright future within an ambitious and solid organisation
- Boortmalt is a global player with an excellent reputation, known for its expertise and its high-quality products and services.
- You will be working in a straightforward international company culture where autonomy and sense of initiative are recognized and stimulated. You will get the opportunity to apply your personal approach to the way of working and focus of the job.
- You can count on the cooperation and the full support of a management that encourages the personal development of its employees.