* Participate in the development and piloting of process studies for the research programme on the catalytic conversion of gas (cross-R&D Group programme) in cooperation with the Catalysis, Refining and Base Chemicals department as well as studies regarding membrane processes in cooperation with the Catalysis, Refining and Base Chemicals department and the Membrane Working Group of the Corporate Technology Group.These studies can be conducted by means of internal tools, through external providers, through partnerships, or at universities, possibly by collaborating with other branches of the Group.
* Research:Participate in the development and implementation of annualresearch programmes with regard to your field of activity,
* Identify the tools most appropriate to meet the requirements of the Research studies and propose appropriate improvements for the internal tools,
* Define the specifications for the experimental programmes, analyse the results and draw up a synthesis of these results in the form of technical notes,
* Carry out simulations of the type ProII or Aspen (mass and thermal balance) to assess the relevance of the processes,
* Initiate and ensure the monitoring of academic or collaborative research in your field of activity,
* Safeguard the "industrial property" aspect of the studies conducted on the basis of secrecy agreements and patent registration,
* Maintain the Group's know-how and expertise in their field of activity and assume the role of adviser to other departments.
* Innovation:Undertake actions to open up the external world of science and technology through:A technological and scientific survey in your field of activity,
* Participation in conferences, seminars, etc. as a listener and/or speaker.
* Propose and conduct exploratory research based oninnovative ideas and concepts.
* The possible tools include creativity groups, open innovation, etc.
* Management:Ensure the studies are managed in project mode,
* Possibly be responsible for studies,
* Participate in the proposal of the investment budgets and operating budgets for your field of activity.
* Safety:Adhere to the site's HSEmanagement process and apply the rules of procedure in an exemplary fashion,
* Participate in a management activity for site safety,
* Take into consideration the upstream HSE aspects within the scope of study programmes, in particular when the experimental test specifications are drawn up.
* High-level technical training in chemical engineering and/or process engineering with research experience (thesis, Master of Advanced Studies or VI conducted at a reputed laboratory) and/or good knowledge of Refining & Chemicals,
* Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as capacity for synthesis,
* Scientific curiosity, sense of innovation and disciplined approach to project management,
* Ability to conduct several studies within multidisciplinary teams,
* Desire to share knowledge,
* Excellent command of English and knowledge of programs such as Aspen and ProII are indispensable.
* We offer a temporary contract of 1 year.
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.