Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
PLC and SIS Engineer M/F
* Development and realization of soft- and hardware modifications on safety PLCs, non-safety PLCs, machine monitoring systems, industrial networks and SIS.
* Follow up and support of exploitation and maintenance works on PLCs, monitoring systems and industrial networks, including analysis of failures. Provision of technical and general support to other departments concerning PLC systems, monitoring systems and SIS competence.
* Periodic update of long term capital investment plan, according life cycle of systems, to prevent obsoleteness. Development of projects up to +/- 500 k€ including coordination of engineering phases, procurement of materials and services, coordination of project works, start-up, commissioning and training.
* Participation in large multidisciplinary projects, supporting development and realization of PLC aspects.
* Management of SIS technical data, including validation of safety test instructions and calculated SIL levels.
* Follow up of support and spare parts contracts with third parties.
* Update and development of technical procedures.
* Taking an active role in the international networks of Total.
The jobholder is an engineer, or equivalent based on experience, with expertise in:
* Classic instrumentation in a petrochemical environment.
* Development and troubleshouting of various PLC and monitoring systems (preferentially: Honeywell FSC / Safety Manager, Hima Himatrix / Hiquad, Schneider Modicon, Bently Nevada)
* Development and calculation of SIS. (IEC61508, IEC61511)
He or she is fluent in both Dutch and English, demonstrates a high level of self-discipline, has a high standard on quality and safety, has a pragmatic and analytical approach, is both well organized and stress resilient, is a good communicator and a team player, but can also work independently in a complex and fast changing environment.
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* An evolution of attractive career allowing to immerse you in a new job, a new activity and a new culture.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.