RPM International Inc., a multinational paint and coatings company headquartered near Cleveland, Ohio and traded on the New York Stock Exchange, owns subsidiaries that manufacture and market high-performance coatings, sealants and specialty chemicals, primarily for maintenance and improvement applications. RPM International Inc. employs approximately 14,000 people worldwide and operates 139 manufacturing facilities in 27 countries. Its products are sold in approximately 170 countries and territories.
For its European development office, RPM Europe, RPM is looking for a legal professional with a good experience in corporate law for the EMEA region.
(Para)legal Corporate EMEA
As a (para)legal, you will provide legal assistance to RPM operating companies in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Your legal tasks will be the following:
- Work with the US based legal team, European team members and outside legal counsel throughout Europe to ensure that filing deadlines are met; board meetings are held and projects stay on track;
- Assist with a variety of corporate secretarial matters, which may include forming, merging and dissolving entities, as well as capital increases, decrease and dividends;
- Coordinate restructuring projects, which includes, reviewing drafts for accuracy, coordinating signatures, updating step plans, scanning and circulating final signed copies to the team and updating the Global Entity Management Database;
- Update and maintain the Global Entity Management Database and upload documents on to the database;
- Work with European based tax/accounting team to follow-up on the filing of annual accounts and checking to see if main figures are in line with what is reported in HFM;
- Follow-up on the receipt of all tax returns;
- Follow-up on summary schedules and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Work in close collaboration with the EMEA Tax Director and help on a variety of matters.
The requested qualifications for this Paralegal position include:
- Minimum a Bachelor of Law or accounting, or equivalent by experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in corporate matters ‘in house’, at a law firm or a notaries office;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- You are self-motivated and proactive;
- You have strong organization skills and are very hands on;
- You are very accurate and precise;
- You have a strong legal reflex;
- You are eager to work in a very nice small team.
- Willing to travel in EMEA and the US
You will work in an international environment and be part of a dynamic and growing company within a small and dynamic team located at one of the subsidiaries. You will have a lot of responsibility in the tasks and projects assigned and international contacts.
You will have the possibility to travel (mainly in Europe).
In addition, our client offers you a competitive salary and benefit package.
USG Professionals acts as the interface between you and the company that requires your services. We are eager to take the time to get to know you and look out for your interests, finding the right opportunity for you in terms of a permanent position or a temporary assignment. You can count on your personal USG consultant steering your talents in the right direction. Drawing on his or her own legal expertise, the consultant is able to pinpoint exactly what opportunities match your skills and ambitions.
USG seeks the perfect match according to a people-centre approach. Thanks to this concept we are able to offer a solid and prominent client portfolio.