SCK•CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 700 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
In the course of our work, there are three main research topics:
•The safety of nuclear installations
•The well-considered management of radioactive waste
•Human and environmental protection against ionising radiation
SCK•CEN collaborates with numerous research partners both at home and abroad.
The work performed by SCK•CEN has a direct effect upon various aspects of our daily life. Besides our work as a research centre, we also organise training courses and offer specialist services including consultancy.
The Marketing Manager is in charge of the full deployment of the strategic marketing objectives. He/she will manage the complete suite of MARCOM channels and safeguard timely availability and consistency of sales collateral. This position will work closely with the Business Developers in the Commercial and Marketing team of the Business Development and Support Unit.
The Marketing Manager is reporting to the Head of Commercial and Marketing. She/he will
• Conduct market analysis in SCK•CEN development area in order to provide required input for relevant business plan enacted by the Business Developers;
• Consolidate market intelligence to have an accurate understanding of market dynamics in order to adjust offering and guide marketing efforts;
• In collaboration with business developers , researchers and institutes experts acquire an in depth understanding of value creation of new products and services and how to capture this value;
• Maintains “competitive landscape” and accurate positioning in selected strategic domains;
• Focus on business development objectives at trade shows, conferences, seminaries and congresses, representing SCK•CEN capabilities together with internal stakeholders;
• Collaborate with communication department to produce and streamline sales collateral;
• Develop a plan for proper industry channels and/or specialized technology communities with appropriate messages and tools;
• Produce promotional material for the B2B customer base.
• University degree in marketing / management/ economic engineering;
• 5+ years’ experience in international marketing of goods/servicein B2B (experience in marketing of R&D services is a plus);
• You are keen to work in a scientifically driven environment;
• Ability to create value-based marketing strategies and concepts;
• You have an entrepreneurial and commercial mind-set with good project management skills;
• Excellent understanding of digital marketing in B2B environment, and knowledgeable on info marketing tools;
• You thrive in a team but you also know how to work autonomously and to manage your own priorities, well-organized and not afraid of deadlines;
• You are fluent in English and have a good command of Dutch and French (or you are committed to acquire it);
• You are ready to work in Mol, in a secured environment, on projects dealing with pacific use of ionizing radiations.
What can we offer you?
- A challenging and varied job
- Opportunities for self-development in an absorbing, international research environment
- Extensive training opportunities within and outside your area of expertise
- An attractive remuneration package with non-statutory benefits
- Located in wooded area to ensure you a traffic jam free environment