BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a wide range of career opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
Manager analytical services
The analytical services department covers all analytical competencies on site and consists of both lab and process analytical teams. As team leader you are responsible for one of the lab teams.
- You proactively support the plants on site assigned to you with regard to analytical questions and challenges.
- Together with your teams, you ensure a streamlined operation of the lab and actively drive continuous improvement.
- You develop the people in your team in line with their capabilities and the requirements of the department and site.
- As part of the management team of analytical services you actively support the cooperation between the different teams and the overall development of the department.
- You are a chemical engineer, an engineer in another discipline with a great affinity for chemistry or have a PhD in chemistry.
- You have prior work experience in a chemical process environment. You achieve success by combining technical, organizational and social skills.
- You are a good communicator, motivated and proactive in your actions and you like to coach employees.
We offer a multi-faceted challenge with responsibilities in a successful and dynamic high technology company that highly values lifelong learning and development. BASF offers a competitive compensation including attractive benefits.