Alcomotive (www.alcomotive.com) is part of the Belgian ALCOPA Group and employs around 400 staff members. The main activities are the import and distribution of four Asian car brands (Hyundai, Suzuki, SsangYong and Isuzu) and six motorcycle/scooter brands (Suzuki, Benelli, Peugeot, Derbi, Tomos and SYM).
Alcomotive is an organisation with ambition. The long-term relationships with our customers, distributors and suppliers are key to our success. Based on its strong position in Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Poland, Germany, France and Portugal, Alcomotive aims to further develop its automotive business.
To support our operations team, we are looking for a Logistics Manager. This position reports to the Director Operations & Logistics and is based in Kontich (Antwerp). The main responsibility is to supervise, organise, coordinate and optimize the logistics activities of our business.Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Coaching and managing a team of 8 persons (logistic dispatch & invoicing of vehicles);
- Manage vendors, transport companies and other relevant parties in the delivery of our vehicles;
- Ensure a timely and accurate performance of these subcontractors by having a proactive follow-up;
- Manage inbound logistics flows, negotiate and communicate with our OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturer) production sites for optimizing the flows in cooperation with the procurement department;
- Focus on the optimization of our logistics and related processes, taking into account the demands of the importer organization and requirements of our customers;
- Follow-up of the logistic budget and ensure a further optimization of the logistics costs.
- Master/bachelor degree in Logistics or a comparable degree with minimum 7-10 year experience in the transport or logistics sector;
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong leadership & people management skills;
- Energetic and creative problem solver, with hands-on mentality, who is able to adhere deadlines in a timely manner;
- Ability to work and think in processes and procedures;
- Good project management skills and ability to prioritize projects and process multiple tasks;
- Openness to change, proactively seeks optimization and continuous improvement;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and willing to learn the existing IT-tools of the company;
- A very good practical knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
For this varied, challenging and exciting position in a dynamic international company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package (including company car), as well as development opportunities.