Do you have a passion for international trade, exports or finance?
Do not miss this opportunity: we are reinforcing our teams with new talent! Engage in a career at Credendo, the 4th European credit insurer which is present in fourteen European countries.
Credendo – Short-Term Non-EU Risks offers client-oriented solutions for covering short-term payment risks from its specialised offices in Brussels, London, Paris, Milan and Wiesbaden.
500 enthusiastic professionals, 300 of whom are working in Belgium assess the risks linked to international trade transactions and elaborate solutions to cover them.
- You will provide legal advice related to the export credit insurance business and/or more general advice covering several areas of law with which Credendo is faced.
- You will be in contact with the management, colleagues from other operational departments (sales, risk underwriting, claims, policy management) and the insured.
- Together with your colleague legal counsels and the compliance officer, you will follow Credendo's legal environment closely and provide related legal advice to the management.
- You will manage complex claim files by advising the operational departments, negotiating with the insured, contacting the debtors and brokers and by handling the complete administration follow-up.
- You have a Master's degree in law if possible supplemented with additional training in finance, business or international trade.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a lawyer (at the bar or as in-house legal counsel), preferably in the fields of commercial and/or financial law.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch, with a very good oral and written proficiency in English and German. Knowledge of other languages is certainly a plus.
- You have good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
- You are business-oriented and solution-minded.
- You are good at analysing and summarising information.
- You like working autonomously and yet also show team spirit.
- You handle stress well.
- You know how to work with standard MS Office tools.
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.