Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? Great! And you’re considering working at Cigna? Even better! You’ll have lots of questions. Here are some answers.
What does Cigna do?
Cigna provides health insurance services around the world. We’re passionate about helping people improve their health, well-being, and sense of security. We started over 200 years ago and we continued to innovate and expand ever since. At Cigna Health Benefits we focus on the unique needs of Intergovernmental (IGO) and Nongovernmental (NGO) organisations, as well as the needs of multinationals in Europe and Africa.
You can find out more about the company at www.cignahealthbenefits.com.
What makes Cigna different from other employers?
We go further than just paying insurance claims. Solid customer relationships are our main goal. We also strongly believe in business ethics and continually strive to be cleaner, greener, and respectful of all. We owe our success to the talent and dedication of our team. They’re the ones who make a difference in our customers’ lives. So we know that it’s important to go the extra mile for our employees. We make sure they have a good work-life balance and we offer many initiatives for health and well-being.
As a Lawyer you will work closely together with and support the Legal Counsel and advise and support the strategic and financial aims of CIGNA Global Health Business (Europe) and CIGNA International Health Services (CIHS). The job content is very broad with focus on insurance and commercial law, claims, corporate law and corporate housekeeping.
- Ensure that CIHS operates within its legal and regulatory framework and requirements;
- Work closely with the business and internal clients worldwide such as Sales & Client Management teams, Account Managers, Underwriters, HR and Finance and give general legal advice and assistance within the agreed time frame;
- Draft, review and advise on all types of legal documents, contracts and group plans, partnership, broker and distribution agreements, secrecy, policy terms and conditions, letters of intent, tender documents and marketing materials and licensing queries;
- Provide appropriate templates of commercial agreements and ensure a proper contract management;
- Follow-up of claims and litigation;
- Take care and follow-up of the corporate housekeeping and keep the legal data-basis and overviews updated;
- Assist in the implementation of ongoing legal files.
- You hold a Master degree in Law with a possible additional study (Law);
- You have 4 to 5 years of experience as business lawyer in insurance, commercial and/or corporate law;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and you also have good knowledge of French;
- You are business minded, result oriented, service driven, flexible, hands-on, pro-active and pragmatic;
- You are well organized and a good communicator;
- You are a team player.
In addition to a motivating and competitive remuneration package, the function offers an interesting blend of challenging and varied work in a very successful international company.